We recently welcomed Jess as a new ranger at NT Formby. Here's a little bit about what Jess was doing before she joined NT Formby, and what inspired her to apply for the role.

"My previous role was a complementary and sports therapist. I have been volunteering at NT Formby for nearly 3 years, working on woodland management and conservation.

My passion and interest in nature led me to the volunteering role. I found the rangers here at Formby inspiring and supportive, which then inspired me to work towards a career in conservation.

I'm looking forward to working here, expanding my skills and knowledge further in managing and preserving Formby's plethora of beautiful, diverse landscapes, as well as connecting visitors to nature and the rich history of the site, all alongside the friendly Formby team.

New member Jess and the rest of the ranger team have recently been repairing sections of the fence in the Victoria Road woodland car park that had rotted away or broken.
The new, more robust fence not only looks much smarter but will also help make this area safer for you when you take a stroll.